Meet Old Carey's new players
Meet our new players
I thought I would give an update on our new senior players for 2018, plenty of changes since 2017 and some very handy ins both from the school as well via the players and their mates. Please to also report very little drop off since 2017, meaning greater depth and this is certainly being evidenced with our 2nds and their good results so far as well. Should also say we are reaping the benefits of the school’s vastly improved football program.
- Kristian Jaksch: Jumper number 12, former Carey Grammar student who was drafted to GWS with pick 12 in the 2012 AFL draft, having played 7 games Kristian was delisted in 2014 and had a stint at Carlton before joining us in the pre-season. Power forward who has started very well, works in recruitment at Hassett Group.
- Henry Schade: Jumper number 34, cousin to the Croziers. Henry was drafted to Gold Coast with pick 24 in 2011, played 20 games for GCFC before being delisted in 2016, drafted by Collingwood, played 8 games there in 2017 before being delisted again. Selected OC as his preferred club and is playing great football at CHB, a great addition to our team. Studying finance, graduates mid-year 2018 and will be keen to start his career.
- Liam Mackie: Jumper number 23, former rookie at Collingwood FC, delisted in 2017 and on Box Hill’s VFL list in 2018 and has nominated us as his feeder club. Liam is cousin to Geelong FC’s Andrew Mackie. Works for Virgon Construction and friends with several Carey boys. Great addition to our list, plays tall off half back and really enjoys the club.
- Lucas Forato: Jumper number 20, came to OC from Old Brighton. Lucas played every senior game for OB in 2017 but missed out on their GF team, decided to move on, good friend to Jason Ashby so came to OC in the off season, strong bodied mid field player, great addition to the club.
- Jack Alexander: Jumper number 35, current U19 who played 1st 18 school footy in 2017, livewire small forward who has adapted very well to senior football.
- Charlie Thompson: Jumper number 40, another 2017 Carey Grammar’s 1st 18 player. Currently on Richmond VFL’s list and nominated OC as his feeder, very hard running mid field player. Has adapted quickly to senior football.
- Matthew King: Jumper number 24, brother to James King, still U19, is on Port Melbourne’s VFL list and nominated OC as his feeder. Silky skills playing off half back, another to adapt very quickly to senior football.
- Will Nichols: Jumper number 18. Will played limited senior football at OC in 2017 whilst still U19, travelled latter half of 2017, back now, very fit. Hard running fwd, provides a lot of defensive pressure.
- Tom Jepson: Jumper number 13. Another 2017 school 1st 18 player, got a spot on Port Melbourne’s list and nominated OC as his feeder. Plays wing, great stamina and clean skills.
- Guy Dickson: Jumper number 25 (?). Mature aged player, Carey boy who played some senior football for us in 201 before getting a spot on Port Melbourne’s list, was interstate last year, returned to Port in 2018 and has nominate OC as his feeder. Tall defender/ruck, great leap and fitted in very well when available
- Jake Bradley: Jumper number 21. Played U19 for us in 2017, injured for now will be back later in the season, son to Craig Bradley, great endurance, hard running wingman.
- Danyon Reinbold: Jumper number 24. U19 in 2017, played a few senior games. Now a permanent mid field player in our seniors, another with great endurance and strength. Combines very well with Charlie Thompson.
- Mitch Wooffindin, established Port Melbourne player who has nominated OC as his feeder. Mitch went to Carey and played a few U19 games in his Y12 before his VFL career in 2013. Played EFL in 2016, back at Port in 2017/18 and has reconnected with OC. Very good mid field player, yet to play with us in 2018, but may see him for a few games.