The objective of this document is to provide any prospective recruit an understanding of our offer in general terms and an appreciation of our commitment and expectations in return.
What OC can offer as a Football Club
- Established in 1954 we are a 60 year plus club with great history
- Currently playing in the VAFA’s Premier section, in 2017 we are Premier B
- A commitment to women's footabll with the introduction of a women's team in the VAFA in 2017
- Arguably the best ground and training facilities in the VAFA
- A competitive senior team underpinned by a proven/established playing list combining with an influx of 2015 U19 premiership players.
- A new and enthusiastic coaching staff, led by co senior coaches, Paul O’Connell and Michael Tarrant
- A clear and concise plan for the club, both now and into the future with an emphasis on identifying and recruiting the new generation of young panther players, both men and women
- We embrace all player enquiries regardless of their prior playing history not just former Carey students
What we can do for you
- A friendlyenthusiastic football club environment.
- A genuine interest in you and your ability with the view of improving your football
- A genuine interest in what you do outside football
- An engaging environment for your family & friends
- The link to our CareyConnect data base for employment, mentoring and business opportunities
What we ask of you for now
- Join us for a training session to better gauge the Carey culture, infrastructure and the validity of claims.
- Meet with our seniors coaches, without any obligation, to understand their football philosophy, experience and the plans they would have in place for you
- Meet with our CareyConnect subcommittee to explore career path opportunities and support structures
- Do some research into our club and gain a better appreciation of our standing within the broader VAFA community
Paul O’Connell - Co Senior Coach, 0408 678 219
Micheael Tarrant - Co Senior Coach, 0416 012 181
Paul Gaff - Recruiting, 0412 550 230